CALL FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Are you driven by the excitement offered by business opportunities presented by Asia?
Do you want to make a difference and enjoy helping others succeed?
Join our growing and winning organization to influence one of the largest bilateral trade associations in Canada, and be part of the exciting network of partner organizations with a common goal to enhance business opportunities for its member organizations both in Canada and Asia. Since 2016, HKCBA Ottawa has been the recipient of three Outstanding Membership Awards for North America and two Member Engagement Awards across Canada.
- Have a mindset of giving
- Have excellent work ethics and personal standards
- Have a proven track record of executing a plan or program from start to finish
- Have international business experience between Canada and Asia (highly desirable)
- Strategic, yet hands-on
- Passionate, dependable, and well connected
- Proactive, action and detail oriented
- Entrepreneurial with a growth mindset
- Tactful, yet diplomatic, and excel in relationship building and collaboration with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
Does This Sound Like You?
If so, we invite you to formally apply with a statement of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your statement of interest will include a resume and a cover letter that describes your interest in becoming a member of the HKCBA Board and how you fulfill the requirements of the role.
Deadline to Apply
As soon as possible or until positions are filled.
About the Role
A Board Director is a current or retired Executive or Professional, who is eager to make tangible contributions by leveraging his/her knowledge, connections, time, passion, and resources for supporting others to succeed in the business communities of both Canada and Asia. You are expected to:
- Stay informed of emerging business trends and developments of the Association, business and governmental communities of Hong Kong, China, and Canada.
- Being a proactive and enthusiastic participant in the Association’s ongoing activities, development, and management.
- Increase the profile of HKCBA by acting as an active ambassador or link between the Association and the public both in person at HKCBA functions and online via LinkedIn.
- Commit time and energy in the preparation and active participation in monthly board meetings and HKCBA events at least 70 % of the time per year.
- Serve on one or more committees and successfully organize one event per year, ensuring the activity undertaken is effective, well received, and in line with the best interest of the members and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the continued viability and financial health of the HKCBA by meeting recruitment, membership and sponsorship targets in order to effectively deliver the required programmes and services to its members.
- Maintain ongoing status reports to the President and represent the Board as a team of concerned leaders.
- Provide full support and necessary resources to the Executive Coordinator; provide constructive feedback and share best practices to propel the Association to the next level.
The Hong Kong Canada Business Association is one of the largest bilateral trade associations in Canada with over 1,300 members across Canada and over 13,000 members from 32 countries worldwide. Our mission is to help its members conduct business between Canada and Hong Kong, and through Hong Kong with China and South East Asia.
For more information, please visit: https://ottawa.hkcba.com/cpages/about